Tuesday 6 August 2013

A peer's angst can be received.

As it seems that Facebook is more suited for bragging about your holiday, how big your child's poo was or telling the internet every intimate detail of the contents of your coffee [and where you bought it], it seems that I'm better off just ranting here about what's bothering me. That way, if you actually give a shit about how truly fucked we are [politically & economically] then you might find someone who shares your views.
Am I the only one of my peers who actually worries about the state of the world? And when I say worry I mean "trying to bring it to people's attention so we can do something about it".
Are you all so buried in your day-to-day lives, head down and grinding away, that you can't look up and see the writing on the wall?
Or is it that you're hoping it'll all just "sort itself out"?
Reality check: it won't, not without your input.
My peers and friends are all intelligent people, able to think quite clearly for themselves. And yet it seems I'm the only one (well, almost - my mate Shaven does as well) wanting to use FB as a platform to raise awareness.
But I guess you're all too busy looking for coffee shops on your smart phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment